Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST) is a governmental Egyptian university built in partnership with Japan in New Borg El-Arab City in Alexandria for postgraduate and undergraduate programs.
It is a mutual cooperation between the Egyptian and Japanese governments for the purpose of having a long standing partnership between the two countries to promote human development in the region and worldwide. Collaborating in growing, and developing educational partnerships with Egyptian and Japanese universities, E-JUST enjoys a status of national and international recognition that enhances the exposure of its students to a mirage of best academic and research experiences.
Phase 1 – Construction
That runs along the spine of the university, it is a key element to making its overall pedestrian nature possible. Services accessible via the tunnel include all fiber optic and technology-related wiring, major electrical conduits and plumbing for hot water, domestic water and chilled water for air conditioning. All other pipes for sewage, natural gas, irrigation and fire fighting are buried on the campus, outside the tunnel, around buildings as needed for their purposes
– Main tunnel: with dimension 7.0m * 5.17 m, and length 1050 m, and four junctions at area 8500 m2
– Service trench: with dimension 3.0m * 2.0 m, and length 1300 m
Underground Water Tanks:
- Irrigation water tank: Area 1385 m2 , and storage capacity 5865 m3
- Chilled water tank : Area 680 m2 , and storage capacity 2615 m3
- Domestic water tank : Area 1280 m2 , and storage capacity 3016 m3
- Chilled water substation : Area 1875 m2
- Electrical power backup generators substation : 550 m2
- Medium voltage distributor substation : 275 m2
- Low voltage distributor substation : 120 m2
- Central control room : 200 m2